Here is an email I was just sent for all you adventurous auditioners 🙂
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
So you think you’re the next Nico Archambault? Come out to this year’s auditions for So You Think You Can Dance Canada, starting Saturday, April 4 at the Centre for the Performing Arts in Vancouver, B.C., and prove it!
Auditions for the dance tour are a grueling, intense process, and hopefuls must come prepared for the most important moment of their lives. After all, you wouldn’t expect earning the title of “Canada’s Favourite Dancer” to be easy, would you?
Audition dates and locations
Registration begins at 8 a.m. in each city.
Auditions will be held at the locations and on the dates listed below (subject to change):
Saturday, April 4, Centre for Performing Arts, 777 Homer St.
(CALL BACK AUDITIONS APRIL 5TH and 6TH)
Tuesday, April 7, Winspear Centre, 4 Sir Winston Churchill Square (Corner of 99th Street & 102nd Ave.)
(CALL BACK AUDITIONS APRIL 8TH AND 9TH)
Saint John, N.B.
Tuesday, April 21, Imperial Theatre, 24 King Square S.
(CALL BACK AUDTION APRIL 22ND)
Monday, May 18, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, John Bassett Theatre, 255 Front St. W.
(CALL BACK AUDITIONS MAY 19TH AND 20TH)
Tuesday, May 26, Théâtre St-Denis, 1594 St-Denis St.
(CALL BACK AUDITIONS MAY 27TH AND 28TH)
So You Think You Can Dance Canada is designed to showcase and judge the talent of Canadian dancers.
Rules and regulations
The So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 2 cross-country auditions are open to all Canadians who, as of April 1, 2009, are of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside, and are no older than 30 years of age.
* Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
* All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
* Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 years of age as of April 1, 2009. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.
* All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport), at the audition.
* Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.
* All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download soon at dance.ctv.ca.
* All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with the CD containing the indicated music.
* All songs must be “original” songs that are commercially available. A song must not be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.
* Competitors will not be permitted to audition in any article of clothing with a visible designer, sports or other logo; artwork; name; photo; or other mark which may be subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws.