How to do a Salsa Right Turn
Salsa dancing is a fun and energetic style of dance that is popular all around the world. One of the basic moves in salsa is the right turn, which involves turning to the right while maintaining close connection with your partner. In this article, we will go through the steps of how to execute a salsa right turn smoothly and confidently.
- Start by facing your partner in a close dance position, with your right hand on their left shoulder blade and your left hand holding their right hand at shoulder level.
- On the count of one, take a small step back with your left foot, pulling your partner slightly towards you.
- On the count of two, take a larger step back with your right foot, turning your body to the right.
- As you turn, release your partner’s hand and bring your left hand to their right shoulder blade, maintaining close connection with your body.
- On the count of three, bring your right foot back to meet your left foot, completing the turn.
- Repeat the steps as needed, continuing to turn to the right in a smooth and fluid motion.
Tips and Tricks
- Practice makes perfect! The more you practice the right turn, the more confident and comfortable you will become with the move.
- Pay attention to the timing and rhythm of the music. The right turn should be executed on the first and second counts of the music, with the third count used to reset and prepare for the next turn.
- Keep your body relaxed and your movements smooth and fluid. Tight muscles and jerky movements will make the turn feel awkward and uncomfortable.
- Focus on maintaining close connection with your partner. The right turn is a partner dance move, so it’s important to stay in sync with your partner’s movements.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes when learning a new dance move, so don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time. Just keep practicing and you’ll get it eventually.
In conclusion, the salsa right turn is a fun and exciting move that adds some flair to your salsa dancing. By following the steps and tips outlined in this article, you’ll be able to execute the right turn smoothly and confidently in no time. So grab your partner and hit the dance floor – it’s time to salsa!
I can’t wait to welcome you to our big family, have you coming in week-to-week, have fun, connect with new friends and let loose to amazing Latin songs. Click here to check our current schedule.
If you have any questions you would like me to answer here are some ways you can contact me: message me on Instagram (torontodanceSalsa), on Twitter (#torontodanceSalsa), on Facebook (Toronto Dance Salsa) or email me at [email protected]